Here are my DIY Essential Oils Cleaners. This is what I keep on hand, at…
Operation USE IT UP Underway
Operation USE IT UP Underway is going down! Have you ever thought about your cleaning supplies, what all do you have going on in there?
Let us focus on your pantry, fridge, freezer, and other places you store food?
I am embarrassed about what all I see in these areas of my life. Seriously, embarrassed.
Looking around, I see a lot of stuff I have that is just useless, and I bought a bunch because I had a coupon. There are also things that, sadly, I forgot that I had, as well.
Focus Squirrel Girl, Focus
Just focusing on my bathrooms is going to be a beginning for me. My first goal is going green within all areas of our lives. The secondary objective is to minimalize those belongings because, in reality, we do we really need 3 hair dryers, 35 sets of sheets, or 500 bottles of dried up nail polish?
Focusing on one area, at a time, is helpful for me. I tend to have SQUIRREL moments. One primary reason for that is because when I take something out of the bathroom, to put it where it belongs…I tend to start cleaning up the place that it belongs. Thus leading me to forget about the fact that I was, indeed, already cleaning the bathroom. Does that make sense?
Bathroom Tips and Tricks
Tame Your Squirrel:
- One way to tame my squirrel is diffusing my Squirrel Blend recipe from doTerra. It smells amazing and it, honestly, keeps me moving right along. If you are interested in a sample bottle (free) or want me to make you a 10 ml prediluted bottle (cost + shipping), send me an email to email@example.com
- Another trick I use is that I get a laundry basket and I put it in the bathroom, with me. This way, when there is something in the bathroom, that needs to go to another place in the house, I just throw it in there. I take the basket downstairs, and I have each kid get their stuff out of it and put it where it belongs.
Using it all up
- Let’s say I have 8 bottles of facial cleanser, that I bought because I had a coupon. Now, let’s say that I have tried said facial cleanser and it is merely not my jam. If you can imagine now, that I have given my daughter’s this facial cleanser and it breaks them out. Now visualize that 7 brand new bottles of facial cleanser are continued to be stored in my bathroom for no particular reason, yet, like a chipmunk, I hoard it. That’s where DONATING comes to play. Take it to a Needline, a church food/hygiene pantry, a women’s shelter, or find a friend who likes this brand and gift it to them. The point is…is get it OUT of your bathroom. I know that I will never use this and I refuse to throw it away. It is brand new, that is like flushing cash down the toilet.
- Recently, I went into our local department store, and I received a free makeup makeover. It was so much fun. There is so much I do not know (or care to know), but what I did find out is that makeup can go wrong. Yes, I’m aware that you probably already knew that, but I didn’t. So, I bought my “colors” of makeup, and I came home, and I threw away a lot of my old, broken, or nasty makeup that I already had. I also threw away brushes that I had had for 10 years (I didn’t know they were supposed to be washed…sick, I know). I figured if I invest in new stuff now, I would remember to clean my brushes and how old things were…new beginnings are always good.
- For the love, do not keep expired meds. I don’t care if they are antibiotics, cold/cough meds, antacids, or tubes of cream. Please, look at the dates and get rid of them. There are expiration dates on the product for a reason. These medications can lose their efficacy and could harm you. Be wise. We are going all natural with our medications. I will be posting on our medication journey tomorrow, so be sure and come back!
Bathroom Cleaning Products:
- My daughter was deep cleaning her home, one day. She texted me, in the meantime, saying that she suddenly started vomiting aggressively and that she couldn’t stop. Well, what’s a mama to do? I high tailed my butt over there to help her. I had no more gotten to her front door, that I started coughing. It was like something was caught in my throat, and it wouldn’t dislodge. Once I opened the door, this fog hit me, and I started coughing, uncontrollably, until I almost puked. Come to find out, she had bought/used every cleaner known to man. In her mind (and most peoples minds), if it is name brand, then it is going to a great job cleaning. NO. Just NO. We were inhaling boatloads of unnecessary chemicals. We all had headaches and were coughing. It was pitiful. We opened her front door, opened all the windows of the apartment, and we had to have a fan blowing out to draw this stench and chemical fog out of the apartment. Once that happened, she quit vomiting, I quit coughing, and headaches subsided. All you need to clean with are these essential items: Vinegar, Water, Castile Soap, Blue Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, OnGuard concentrate, baking soda, and any of these essential oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, Onguard. For more information on how I make cleaners or if you want the oils, yourself to create your own green cleaning supplies, be on the lookout for a post on Friday.
- Another tip is to go to the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store and buy those clear shoeboxes with a lid. Also, get some labels and a sharpie. I like to keep all “like” things together. I have all nail polish in a box, all toothbrushes/toothpaste, all travel sized bottles, etc. in these boxes. This is a lifesaver, but only if you put the labels on them. I made the mistake of not doing that, and one of my kids pulled every box out, opened every box, and made a mess…all looking for fingernail clippers.
First Aid Kit:
- Organized, cleaned out, complete first aid kit is a must. You can buy premade ones at Walmart or on Amazon. You can also make your own. I do keep mine in a red bag to make it easier to identify in high-stress moments. Those moments can range from if a child throws a set of hedge clippers down from a tree and they landed point down on another child’s head to cutting your toe off while walking a pug or a head-on collision at the end of your driveway. You know, simple things in life 🙂 For more on my First Aid Kit: Check out Saturdays post.
Donate, Throw Away, or Use Up:
- Be sure and clean out your little shoeboxes. Throw away things that are old, broken, used, or not worth giving away. If it can be donated, DONATE! Help another person out. If you have a smidge of something, use it up, don’t waste it. Do not use a full product when you have 12 products that are 1/2 used. Use those products up and don’t be wasteful.
doTerra Oils Choices: 3 Ways to Buy doTerra Essential Oils
To buy any of the essential oils that I mentioned, you can head over to My doTerra Website and click on the SHOP tab. From there, you can order whatever your hearts desire and it will be shipped directly to you.
If you find that you are going to spend around $100, it would benefit you to become a Wholesale Member (these members do not sell the product. They receive the benefits of getting 25% off of retail costs, plus if you get 125 PV (product volume, not cost), and you order before the 15th of every month you can receive the free product of the month, as well. If you get 200 PV, you get another free product. For the month of October, that product is a FREE car diffuser with 3-5 ml citrus oils! To do this, you will click on the “Become a Member” tab. From there, you will click on “Wholesale Member”. There is a fee of $35 that will give you all these great benefits for a year! Each year after, you will have a reduced yearly fee of $25 plus a free bottle of oil. You will then choose your region and your language. Lastly, you will fill out your information, the oils you would like, shipping, and so on.
Now, if you are interested in becoming a Wellness Advocate, then that is fantastic. You will continue to click on “Become a Member” and then you will click on “Wellness Advocate.” By becoming a Wellness Advocate, doTerra waives the $35 fee! You can also choose from any of the enrollment kits at a HUGE discount. Once you become a Wellness Advocate for doTerra, you are eligible to receive commission :).