Operation “Get Life Together”
Operation “Get Life Together” is underway. Here is a bit of what all has been going on the last week or two…..
- Scheduled: Dental appointment! This is HUGE because I do not like the dentist, but my teeth do not like me. It is what it is. I have had a toothache for a while and because I CHOSE not to do anything about it (excuses: time, money, don’t want too, doesn’t hurt that bad, blah blah blah), I now have 2 choices…1) get it pulled (insurance pays) or 2) have a root canal (insurance DOES NOT pay). I also have to have a wisdom tooth out and some cavities to be filled. As good as I am brushing, my mouth has always been full of cavities (maybe its genes maybe it is lots o candy). Anyhow, I have my appointment made for my extraction or root canal. I got them cleaned. I also have 2 other appointments I need to make and then I will be caught up with my mouth! Yay me! And because I’m awesome, I went ahead and scheduled 5 of my 7 kids an appointment for their teeth to be cleaned. Yes, I’m a rockstar, I know.
- Scheduled: Mammogram! Girls…take care of your boobies!!!!!!!!!!!! Breast Cancer is curable if it is caught early! Now that I’ve said that, I will say that it has been 5 years since I had my last one (practice what you preach, I know). It was also scheduled for today….which I had to cancel because I didn’t want to take the 3 little boys to this appointment and I had no one else to watch them. I did reschedule for the week after next. I will be keeping that one!
- Scheduled: Papsmear! Girls…..take care of your girly bits!!!!!!!!! Is it fun? Heck no. Is it necessary? YES! I did go, but to my chagrin, I was late and I had started my period. Good times were had by all. The nurse and doctor sat down with me and we discussed life, my body, what the problems were, etc. We have a game plan and I have a new appointment on the 25th of August. I will be getting my bloodwork done (haven’t done that in about 3 years), I will be doing a urine test, an ultrasound on my insides, a hysteroscopy (they scrape the inside of your uterus) and a papsmear. Getting it all done in one day (I may throw in a tattoo for good measures cause it is right across the street). Once all of this is done and the results come in, I will be getting a hysterectomy, a bladder sling, and my girl parts fixed. I am stoked.
- Scheduled: Hunter’s OMS follow up appointment and his Pediatric Opthamology appointment.
- Need to schedule: eyeballs for all.
- I have begun working on our ZERO based budget plan and will do a follow up of that when Big Daddy and I sit down and write it all out.
- We have discussed our debt and how we are getting out of it. We are on the same page.
- I have *not* been to the gym yet.
- I have a goal of getting back into the swing of going to church on Wednesday nights.
- I have begun a “for me” project…more to come on that.
- I rocked the freezer meals. I went and bought our groceries back around a month ago and we still have a good month left of freezer meals….it will last us almost 2 mths! We have only had to go to the grocery one time (for lunch items and some breakfast stuff). I spent about $550 on that July trip and we are still going strong.
- Get my freezer meal ideas on paper
- Cleaned my room!
- Organized the laundry room
- Organized/cleaned the garage
- Made my purse emergency kit
- Made my van emergency kit
I’m rocking it all out. If you would like any info on organization, cleaning, the kits I’ve made, meal planning, etc….drop me a comment below. I’m considering doing a video on some of these things to help with those who are visual, like me LOL