Cream of Soup Mix (Mushroom, Chicken, or Celery)
Cream of Soup Mix
Cream-Of Soup Mix
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 2 cups dry milk powder
- ¾ cup organic cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk.
- Store in an airtight container.
To make into soup:
- Combine 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 ¼ cups water in a small saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- On medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until thick. Cool.
This amount = 1 can condensed cream-of soup.
For Cream-of Chicken Soup: use 1 ¼ cups chicken broth instead of water.
For Cream-of Mushroom Soup: use water; add ¼ cup diced, cooked mushrooms to soup after it thickens
For Cream-of Celery Soup: use water, add ¼ cup diced, cooked celery to the soup after it thickens or add a dash of celery seed to the mixture while it’s cooking.
**recipe courtesy of http://www.stacymakescents.com/homemade-cream-of-soup-mix**
Canned Cream of Mushroom comparison is 250 per can.
Canned Cream of Chicken comparison is 275 per can.