This could be the coolest thing….you know….ever. It has lasted for a month. We keep it in a tupperware bowl with a lid (or a plastic baggie). The kids have played with this for hours and they were completely bummed when it *finally* dried out. This homemade slime far surpasses silly putty or playdoh…hands down. Plus, when I’m stressed, I get a big ol wad and squish it in my hands to relieve tension. It does not stick to you, your clothes, furniture….love it!
- white glue (like Elmer’s™)
- food coloring (unless you want uncolored white slime)
- Mix 1 teaspoon borax in 1 cup of water. Stir until the borax is dissolved.
- In a separate container, mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) white glue with 1/2 cup water. Add food coloring, if desired.
- After you have dissolved the borax and diluted the glue, you are ready to combine the two solutions. Stir one slime solution into the other. Your slime will begin to polymerize immediately.
- The slime will become hard to stir after you mix the borax and glue solutions. Try to mix it up as much as you can, then remove it from the bowl and finish mixing it by hand. It’s okay if there is some colored water remaining in the bowl.