GLUTEN FREE Flour Tortilla Recipe
For my sister….
Homemade Gluten free flour tortilla
- 2 c. Gluten-free all purpose flour (or 2 c. White rice flour)
- 2 tsp. Xanthan gum or Guar gum
- 1 tsp. Gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Warm water
4) Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of buckwheat flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape and get as thin as possible.
5) Throw the tortilla onto a hot griddle (I use a cast iron griddle on medium heat with just a smidge of olive oil) and let it cook approximately 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up and the bottom side is developing those lovely brown spots. Flip the tortilla and cook the other side until is toasty as well.
6) Slide the cooked tortilla onto a covered plate to stay warm and repeat from step 4 until you’ve cooked all 8 tortillas. I generally roll one tortilla out while another is cooking, so that there is always a tortilla on the griddle.
7) Serve these warm with your favorite filling!
*Makes 8 good size tortillas*
Number of Servings: 8