Healthy Beef Stew (Crockpot or Instant Pot) **I wish you could smell my house, it…
Easy ways to sneak in healthy foods
One thing that I do a lot of (because of our garden) is to shred zucchini and squash up. I put 1 c. portions into a quart size baggie and I freeze them. When you are ready to use a baggie, then thaw it out, by putting it in the fridge, and then placing the shredded zucchini or squash into a paper towel and squeezing the excess water out of it.
ANY PASTA DISHES…You can put this in your sauce and no one will ever know.
2 small or medium bananas mashed
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I omit this because I don’t like it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar and oil. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg. Mix until just moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Store loosely covered.