Freezer cooking for the month
These are the things that I didn’t make, cause…well….I didn’t 🙂
Breakfast (this is G’s birthday request). We will be having a sausage/egg casserole, french toast casserole, homemade biscuits, chocolate chips pancakes and bacon.
BBQ and Pork/Beans….not really a make ahead type of thing.
Roast/Potatoes (I put a roast, in my crockpot or my big pan. I cover the bottom with water. I cut up my potatoes and an onion, add my seasoning, a packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix and Worcestshire sauce, then I cover at bake it at 250 all day). With that, I will have homemade mac & cheese, salad, baked corn and rolls)
Vegetable Soup (2 pots using the leftover roast and potatoes…while adding frozen mixed veg, seasoning, basil, oregano, thyme, 2 beef bouillion cubes, 2 cups water, 1 quart tomato juice and a couple of bay leaves)
Pizza (Big Daddy makes them homemade and we will have that once a week)
Mushroom Roast (this time, I put my roast in the crockpot or large pan, still cover the bottom with water, add seasoning, fresh mushrooms, 2 cans of cream of mushroom, onion and potato…cover and cook all day at 250) With that, I will have green bean casserole, salad, Lima beans and rolls
Potato Soup and a pot of Cheeseburger Soup (remember I have a large family). The cheeseburger soup recipe can be found by scrolling down.
Potato Soup Recipe
4-6 peeled potatoes, cut up
onion, cut up
2 chicken bouillion cubes
Place these in your soup pot and put enough water in it to cover. Let simmer until potatoes/onion is tender.
In the meantime, cook your bacon and drain.
Once tender, add 1 8 oz. pack of cream cheese, 16 oz. sour cream, 2 cups cheddar (or more, if you are me), chives (optional) and your crumbled up bacon, 2 cups of milk and more water, if needed.
Let simmer till done.
Brown your meat, with an onion and seasoning. Drain. Add to soup pot. Add 2 beef bouillion cubes, 2 c. water, 1 quart tomato juice, 1 1/2 packets of chili mix, 2 cans chili hot beans, 3/4 block of velveeta. Simmer till done.
Italian Roast (same thing as above, except I use a pack of Italian dry mix)…will be making a pasta salad and rolls with this.
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 1 green zucchini (I will use these when they are in my garden)
- 1 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes (my fam doesn’t like these, so won’t be adding)
- 1 can, drained, sliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (omitting this since I am using the red onion)
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta with the Italian dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning, and gently mix into the salad. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.