Christmas Countdown Activities for Kids
25 Holiday Activities Until Christmas:
- Have holiday movie night with popcorn.
- Walk or drive around to look at Christmas lights
- Do some Christmas goodie baking.
- Make edible ornaments for birds
- Open a present on Christmas Eve.
- Read about holiday traditions around the world.
- Read the TRUE story of CHRISTmas on Christmas morning
- Make scented ornaments.
- Buy a new ornament for each person in your family.
- Participate in a charity drive (food/toy drive).
- Ask each family member to write a verse for a special holiday poem
- Make popcorn balls or Rice Krispies treats with little pieces of candy cane in them.
- Sit outside and drink hot cocoa
- Take the kids shopping (Dollar Tree) or have them create a masterpiece for everyone in the family.
- Open presents one at a time, to give picture opportunities
- Make graham cracker gingerbread houses
- Decorate the Christmas tree
- Turn out all the lights, then get dazzled by your sparkling tree
- Sing and dance to Christmas music
- Read a bunch of holiday books.
- Attend a parade in your area.
- Ask grandparents to recall their holiday memories on a tape recorder.
- Make paper chains to count the days — just take green and red construction paper and cut into strips pull ends together and glue. Build your chain to Christmas (add a link each day) or start with 25 links and tear one off each day!
- Make Christmas trees out of construction paper. Use glue, construction paper, glitter, paint, dried beans, or buttons (whatever you have on hand) to make ornaments and decorations for the tree.
- Use an advent calendar